The Story So Far
- The tech is working (video)
- Future City (video) is available for you to explore
- The 0.9 Beta release (itch.io) is available for you to play with
- The website is full of information
This Island Apparance
- Commercial engines (Unity, Unreal, …)
- Assorted 3rd party engines and projects (Irrlicht, OGRE…)
- Independent developers with own engines
- Accessibility - proc-gen tools for people within a familiar engine and tool-set
- Exposure - an opportunity to raise the profile of the project among developers
- Commercial viability - potentially an opportunity to generate some revenue
- Modularisation - a useful exercise in tidying up the code-base
- Expansion - groundwork will make it far easier to then port to other engines
- Acceleration - This could be a good way to get my first game built more quickly
Where To Start
- Taking a few pre-made procedural assets a dropping them into your game.
- Building game worlds from lots of pre-made and custom procedural assets.
- Using procedural assets to create large parts of game environment.
- Using procedural techniques to place conventional assets.
- Creating massive continuous expanses of procedural game world.