Web Site Needed
|A prototype Apparance homepage.
|I can't see anyone else making websites procedurally! Am I crazy?
|Pandoc, by default converts markdown into HTML
|Image Magick, great for quickly handling thumbnail generation
- Generate the common page HTML and CSS according to the page design.
- Launch Pandoc to turn the page content into HTML.
- Launch Image Magick to generate thumbnails for the images.
- Combine the HTML into pages.
- Assemble it all in a suitable file/folder structure for serving as a web-site.
Doing it wrong
We've seen this before
And So; To Procedural
- Extra string handling functions - we are going to be doing more fancy things than we did with shader building.
- File handling operations - we are actually going outside the application, to work with files.
- An operator for spawning processes and collecting their output - to allow us to use other tools to do our bidding.
|Procedure to write out an HTML page